Reports to: Marketing Director
The GiddyUp Group is looking for a talented, results-driven, copywriter to join our fast-growing company in Ventura, CA. If you’re passionate about writing persuasive sales copy that gets people to take ACTION immediately and you have a proven-track record of doing so, this is the perfect position for you.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for writing action-generating copy for a wide a variety of projects including landing pages, advertorials/pre-sell pages, Facebook ads, video scripts, promotional emails, online banners, and SEO content pieces. You will also take part in developing the overall marketing and sales strategies for our clients’ innovative products and services.
The ultimate goal of this position is to convert new visitors into customers, by writing compelling copy that persuades them to buy a specific product or fill out a form before leaving our client’s landing pages.
- Strategic marketing research, planning, development, and creation for each project and client
- Stay on top of the latest trends to develop positioning, messaging and sales strategies for various products and services.
- Work with the Marketing team to constantly refine and improve headlines and copy based on consumer behavior and analytics.
- Produce ready for production work with minimal changes required
- Manage multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Develop excellent rapport and work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Estimate work accurately and deliver the estimated work against the allotted time
- Fluently communicate and sell in our brand’s or client’s “voice”
- Review and improve existing copy that needs to be re-purposed or updated
- Manage and report your progress for ongoing writing projects
- Maintain flexibility to turn around rush assignments on short notice
- 2-3 years of direct response, online advertising, sales or performance marketing experience
- 2-3 years experience writing sales, direct response and/or persuasive marketing copy
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism, but willing to stand up for your ideas
- A strong passion for figuring out what makes people buy and continuously testing new strategies.
- A rapid ability to take large amounts of information and distill them into engaging copy
- Able to adjust your voice depending on the project or client and still produce high quality, persuasive copy
- Excellent communication and writing skills